Friday, December 28, 2007

The Little Match Girl 2






Here are some more images I created for The Little Match Girl theme.

There is the original sketch I did where she was kneeling in the snow as well as two very rough images of her dead. I wanted her to have died with a smile on her face looking peaceful and happy like a beautiful little girl who just fell asleep.

Lastly is a more refined version of the image I had painted last time. I have to get back to some other work so I have to leave the color image where it is for now. Who knows if I will go back to it when I have more time? I think I worked her enough but I would like to finish the box and the matches.

6 comments:

Callan's Sketchblog said...

She has a sweetness which I think suits the story, and makes you feel for her even more- I like the second dead pose especially :D which sounded less weird before I typed it.

john skewes said...

Nice stuff, Peter. In fact, I might have a job for you. If you're interested, email me. My contact info is here

sojung yu said...

so lovely~ as always.

Happy new year

Brian Hatfield said...

LOL!!! I was just talking about you the other day Kenny and I were wondering what you and Lisa and all the rest were up to these days. Back in NYC huh? Cool. Well, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail sometime and let's catch up. My number is on my blog.

BronnyB said...

I would like your permission to adapt your coloured artwork for the little match-girl for my Christmas Tablecloth - worked in Cross-Stitch.
This will not be for commercial use, only for personal use - and displayed on my cross-stitch blog. The finished design can only be 80x80 wide and will not show fine detail, but I have been struck by your artwork while looking for images for the Little Matchgirl. I can go into further detail by email, but am asking your permission first, rather than just adapting your art regardless.
Please contact me - my email is in my biog. Thank You - bronny

Janelle S said...

Hi tthanks for posting this